We are delighted to be recruiting a Management Accountant for Neighbourly (http://www.neighbourly.com), one of the UK’s very first B Corporations.
Neighbourly is a multi-award-winning community investment platform that helps companies make a positive measurable impact in their communities, by putting “local impact” at the heart of responsible business. They are uniquely positioned to grow sustainable community investment working as a two-sided marketplace that connects corporate partners with thousands of vetted local good causes, facilitating the donation of surplus products (e.g. food), employee volunteering programmes and provision of financial support (e.g. grants), all in one place.
Neighbourly is at an exciting time in its journey having completed a successful Series A funding round in 2021 and is entering a period of accelerated growth. The next few years will see the business consolidate its market leading position in the UK and provide a springboard for international expansion. The rise of the corporate ESG agenda, combined with the climate crisis and the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic, means the Neighbourly proposition is more relevant and needed than ever.
As a result of this accelerated growth, we are now looking to appoint a recently qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) Management Accountant to further support its rapid expansion. Likely to appeal to either a first mover from a Top20 accountancy practice or a recently qualified within a high growth scale-up, the role represents a compelling move for an ambitious and motivated individual, community minded and with an understanding and passion for the ESG agenda
Neighbourly’s HQ is based in central Bristol. We are delighted to offer a truly hybrid way of working along with the chance to be part of a rapidly expanding SaaS company and its ambitious growth plans.
- Preparation of monthly management account and KPI analysis to be used in the monthly Board Pack
- Preparation of quarterly management accounts for The Neighbourly Foundation (charity) to be used in the quarterly Trustees meetings
- Review general ledger postings for all cost centres to ensure accuracy of allocation
- Analysis of P&L, variances to budgets and prior years
- Review and reconciliation of balance sheet
- Preparation of cashflow forecast and review against budget
- Assist in the preparation of annual budget and reforecasts
- Manage working capital alongside the finance team
- Working with external accountants/auditors in the preparation of the annual financial statements for both Neighbourly Ltd and The Neighbourly Foundation
- Attend finance department and company-wide meetings, sometimes assisting with financial reporting to managers, leadership team and board
As a recently qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA Accountant, you will be excited by the Neighbourly agenda and its growth trajectory. Able to hit the ground running, with a positive and driven attitude to make a real difference, you will be comfortable explaining complex financial information to non-finance stakeholders in a clear and engaging way.
Experience in or exposure to International, SaaS/Tech sector, scale-up, ERP implementations, Charities, Groups would be hugely advantageous, however moreover you will have an overriding desire to help businesses be a force for good.
For more information contact Steve Coyne at Coyne & Associates. All third party application will be forwarded to Coyne & Associates for consideration.